MAKE A PHONE APPOINTMENT TODAY
VITA’s back to help El Paso with free tax filing!* We’re happy to be able to assist you during these uncertain times. File your taxes free of charge from the safety and comfort of your home by making a phone appointment with us.
All you need to do is fill out the online application, submit your documents online and we’ll call you to set up an appointment to file your taxes over the phone — it’s safe and easy!
PHONE APPOINTMENT HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
To file your taxes over the phone, you need to have the following documentation and follow these steps:
- Sign the Form 1446 (Online).
- Complete the Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet (Online).
- Have all of the required information/documentation necessary to prepare an accurate tax return:
- Picture ID for yourself and spouse (If applicable).
- Forms W-2, 1099, and/or any other income documents to support Income, Expenses and Life Events listed on Form 13614-C.
- Social Security number cards (Or other allowed Social Security verification documents).
- Individual Tax Identification Numbers for you, your spouse and potential dependents (If applicable).
- Any other documents required.
- Participate in an interview with one of our volunteers to address all of the information provided on Form 13614-C to ensure that the preparer will have everything they need to prepare your tax return.
To start the free tax filing process, click the button below to fill out an online application and submit all of your documents. Once you’ve filled out the application and submitted all of your documents, a VITA volunteer will contact you to set up an appointment. For more information, please call 774.2160.
Don’t forget that the IRS extended the tax filing deadline to July 15, 2020. We’re also currently accepting drop-offs at the GECU VITA Site at I-10 and McRae Boulevard. Click here to learn more.
Take advantage of free tax filing with VITA Tax Assist today!
*For qualifying households.